To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, I would really appreciate your feedback on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking on iTunes greatly! Meanwhile, enjoy the show!
“I wanted my job to be aimed at young professional women like me because most financial blogging is aimed at men” – Natalie Bacon
Natalie Bacon is an attorney by day and a personal finance blogger by night. Having graduated from law school under the shadow of a student loan, Natalie had her mind set on getting rid of her debt as soon as possible. Her research into personal finance as a way of paying off her student loan got her into blogging, and as someone who has never had a credit card, she is the perfect person to write about it. Natalie has centered her life on the concept of `intentional living` – the idea of having goals and visions to work towards, and she has even written an e-book about it – Intentional Living for the Young Professional. She has recently had an article published by the Huffington Post entitled, “I`m 28 and I`ve never had a credit card”.
“Using a credit card is like taking a mortgage out on your clothes”– Natalie Bacon`s Grandfather
When Natalie Bacon graduated from law school, she wanted to find a way to pay off her student loan as quickly as possible. Having never owned a credit card, she wasn`t used to being in debt and her research in personal finance sparked an interest for her in finance and blogging from which she has never turned back. In today`s show, Natalie tells us about her personal finance blog which s aimed at young professional women, how to get started in blogging and the concept of `intentional living` – the idea of setting yourself goals and visions to achieve in life.
“The point of intentional living is to be proactive instead of reactive” – Natalie Bacon
If you prefer to watch the discussion in action, here is my recorded interview with Brian Carter (please refresh your browser a few times if it isn’t loaded properly the first time):
In this interview you’ll learn:
- 01’04” – How and why Natalie got into blogging
- 03’35” – About Natalie`s Huffington Post article – ‘I`m 28 and I`ve never had a credit card`
- 09’45” – Why Natalie believes that debt problems are to do with mindset
- 12’04” – The concept of intentional living
- 19’13” – How intentional living helps Natalie in her professional life
- 21’20” – Natalie`s inspirational quote
- 22’56 – What inspired Natalie to start blogging and some tips for beginner bloggers
- 28’14 – The magic of the blogging community
- 31’36” – The Huffington Post response
- 32’48” – Some tips on being different, creative and following your dream
Is there any question you have regarding the podcast guest that is not addressed in this blog post? Please leave me a comment below or send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would really appreciate your feedback, your suggestion on future guests, or just an opportunity to chat with you!