EL043: The Cowbell Principle and How it can work for You, with Brian Carter
If you have a chance, I would really appreciate your feedback on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking on iTunes greatly! Meanwhile, enjoy the show!
“If you don`t know what your `why` is, then probably your `how` and `what` are wrong”– Brian Carter
Brian Carter is an author, comedian, digital marketer and adviser amongst other things. In today`s show he comes back to tell us about his new book – “The Cowbell Principle” which is based on the `More cowbell` sketch. The maid idea is that everybody needs to find their `cowbell` – what they love and always want more of, to be successful in any aspect of their life. By understanding yourself and what you do best, you can then go about getting it.
The `Cowbell principle` is based on the idea that for people to buy from you, you need to offer them something that they really want. In today`s show, Brian Carter, one of the authors of “The Cowbell Principle” comes back to tell us all about how to use this principle to get success in all aspects of your life. Brian tells us how to take criticism constructively, the importance of finding your `why`, and how to get a great team going.
“Sell people what they want, give them what they need” – Brian Carter
If you prefer to watch the discussion in action, here is my recorded interview with Brian Carter (please refresh your browser a few times if it isn’t loaded properly the first time):
In this interview you’ll learn:
- 01’22” – The Cowbell Principle and why it`s important in business and people`s lives
- 05’10” – The 10 aspects of the Cowbell Principle
- 11’35” – Brian`s thoughts on surveys
- 13’09 “ – How to deal with criticism – both from others and yourself
- 19’50” – Why it`s important to figure out what you want out of life
- 20’42” – Testing and why it`s important
- 26’30” – Teamwork
- 32’03” – How to find your cowbell
- 35’40 – How to build a creative environment
- 37’58” – Confidence – what it is and how to gain it
- 42’42” – Brian`s useful to tips to finding your cowbell
- 43’43” – Brian`s special gift
Is there any question you have regarding the podcast guest that is not addressed in this blog post? Please leave me a comment below or send me your thoughts at email@example.com. I would really appreciate your feedback, your suggestion on future guests, or just an opportunity to chat with you!